Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Soaking Up the Sun

   Now that we're all caught up to date, lemme tell you about our adventures today. We decided that today for the most part would be movie-free. The sun was SHINING, weather was warm, and we needed a break from the inside of the theaters. At 11:45, our group was lucky enough to meet with Jeff Berg, the Chairman and CEO of International Creative Management, one of the biggest and most prestigious talent agencies in the world. I was so interested by his talk, because as you all obviously know, I am obsessed with the entertainment industry and have a not-so-secret dream of becoming the next Ari Gold. He spoke about issues that personally were really relevant to me and it was a great start to the day! Afterwards, Adam, Hayley, and I went straight to the beach. And by that, I mean took literally 30 steps across the road from the J.W. Marriott where our meeting was (Family: use our Marriott points there, it is fabulous) to the beautiful and SANDY (see posts about the rocky beaches of Nice) beaches of Cannes. We picked up sandwiches, had a little picnic, and chilled hard for four hours. We were joined by Jaycee, Rawson, and Arthur a little bit later in the day. I think that I actually got some color (finally) so it looks like I may have some chance at getting a tan from this trip.
   After the beach, we finally fulfilled our trip-long dream of going to Haagen-Dazs. We intended to get mint chip dazzlers- an American shoppe staple and Adam Pearlson's personal childhood favorite (and by favorite, I mean he had it every single day after school for years). We were extremely disappointed to find out that not only do they NOT SERVE THEM IN EUROPE, but they did not have any mint chip ice cream in sight. Well, we settled on other deliciously amazing flavors instead *cough cough vanilla caramel brownie and chocolate chip cookie dough* and brought them on our walk back to the dorms. We took the beach route today, which even though is an extra like 7 minute walk, was perfect and just what we needed on this beautiful day. Then, I blogged, showered, and just accidentally stepped on a plug lying on the ground from a cell phone charger three seconds before I wrote this. I shrieked. Hayley freaked. Then we laughed. No blood in sight- so we're all good. We are about to get changed for dinner and wander over to our favorite cobblestone windy side street to try and find a place to eat for dinner. Kristen Stewart's new film, On the Road, is premiering tonight, but the movie is 2 hours and 40 minutes long and as much as I loveeeeeeee her, no one really wants to sit through that long of a film tonight (myself included) so I think we'll catch that one tomorrow instead. Not like K.Stew is much of a red carpet whore anyways, so I wouldn't want to add to her uncomfortableness in public and all that stuff by being there. Right? We are planning on seeing a one-time screening of a film called Seven Nights in Havana though after dinner, which hopefully will be good! Tomorrow we are going to movie ourselves out, hopefully including the premiere of The Paperboy, the next American film to premiere which we are all really looking forward to seeing staring (breathe, Sharon): Zac Efron, Nicole Kidman, John Cusack, Matthew McConaughey. [Insert me dying here.] Check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment